We can also help and advise you in relation to such matters as:
- Bail Act – Bail Applications, Variations of bail in the Local, District and Supreme Courts
- Various Sentencing legislation – mitigating/aggravating factors, statutory non parole periods that might apply
- Search Warrants Act 1985
- Telecommunications (Interception) (NSW) Act 1987
- Confiscation of Assets and Compensation Acts
- Listening Devices and Surveillance legislation
Most offences are dealt with by way of fines and in some cases, terms of imprisonment. The State of NSW, through various legislation, has enormous powers in relation to the prevention and punishment of criminal behaviour. You should make sure you are aware of your rights in relation to such matters. In too many instances people are not aware that what they are doing is illegal.
It is important to know what your rights are, especially if you are arrested. You do have the right to remain silent and not answer any questions EXCEPT in certain matters involving the use of a motor vehicle when the name and details of the owner and driver must be given. You need to have someone protect these rights for you. Do not take risks or give up your legal rights without first getting good and experienced legal advice. Ring us 24/7 on our contact lines.
Talk to us to find out how Macedone Legal can be on your side.